[CLOUD001863] Cloud System Administrator
SimVentions, consistently voted one of Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for a System Administrator with experience using Amazon's Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) and Secret C2S (SC2S) to support cloud-based and on-premise system monitoring, patching, upgrades, and troubleshooting. The System Administrator will also be expected to assist the Service Desk in diagnosing and addressing technical system and user issues for a web-based, telecommunications modeling platform.
- Perform daily reviews or inspections of system backups, Openshift pods, AWS Cloudwatch Alerts, Elasticsearch Observability, and system accessibility
- Support system deployments to multiple environments (Stage, Training, Production, and more)
- Capture C2S and SC2S artifacts to support security reviews and Authorization to Operate (ATO) assessments
- Perform updates of Windows and Linux environments
- Perform troubleshooting for complex system issues, deployment issues, and development team issues
- Developing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other process documentation
Required Skills & Experience:
- Active Security+ certification
- Experience with a microservices architecture and tools
- Experience gathering artifacts to support ATO assessments
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- CySA+, CASP, or CISSP certification
- Experience with AWS products and environments: C2S, SC2S, S3 buckets, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with RabbitMQ
- Windows and Linux operating system certifications
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Education: Technical degree preferred (but not required)
Minimum Clearance: Final Top Secret Clearance Required
Location: On-Site at Dahlgren Naval Base (No Telework)