SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for an experienced Information Technology (IT) Specialist to join our team! This position will perform duties in configuring, integrating, maintaining, and ensuring the continued reliability of computing systems. Support consists of network routing, server, laptop and mobile device computing management. The successful candidate will also support the information technology infrastructure by working with cybersecurity experts to ensure compliance with Defense Information Systems Agency Security Technical Implementation Guides.
Candidate will perform system administration duties to include but not limited to:
- Network administration
- System backups
- System software updates
- Equipment maintenance
- Mobile Device Management
- Document processes and procedures
Required Skills & Experience:
- Five (5) years of experience in the administration and maintenance of information technology systems running on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Three (3) years of experience utilizing DoD approved monitoring and scanning tools in support of system vulnerability management and reporting. This includes vulnerability status tracking and reporting in DoD systems
- Three (3) years of experience supporting requirements analysis, testing, and system deployment/configuration
- Candidate will need experience with routers, Virtual Private Networks, servers and laptops, enterprise mobility management and Enterprise-Firmware Over the Air technologies
- Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level II certification or higher
- Current or ability to obtain IT-1 Level clearance
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with MySQL, Jira issue tracking tool, Docker and Bash script writing
- Experience utilizing DoD approved monitoring and scanning tools in support of system vulnerability management and reporting. This includes vulnerability status tracking and reporting in DoD systems.
Education: Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level II certification or higher. Bachelor's degree in IT or related field preferred.
Minimum Clearance: Ability to Obtain Secret Clearance
Travel: Travel is unlikely, but could be possible to support deployed systems or conduct training
Location: Fredericksburg, VA