SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for a Software Developer to join our team! The Journeyman Web Application Developer will build functionality supporting a complex telecommunications modeling system using a full-stack development environment. As a Journeyman Developer, candidates are expected to work independently with pair-programming settings to implement user functionality and supporting processes. Developers should also expect to contribute meaningful inputs during sprint planning events, support peer-programming efforts (particularly when assisting more junior developers), and review code and provide feedback.
- Perform full-stack web application development
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback for improvement
- Identify deficiencies in unit test coverage and other process/system improvements
- Support peer programming efforts
Required Skills & Experience:
5 or more years experience with web development and microservices in an Agile environment. Experience with three or more of the following technology areas/tools:
1. C# / .NET Core
4. SQL Server or other relational database with graph components
5. GitLab, Jira, Confluence, and/or Azure DevOps
6. Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline and containerzation technologies such as Red Hat Openshift, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
7. AWS (especially experience with Simple Storage Service or S3)
9. Automated testing tools and processes used to support testing requirements including data, UI, load/performance, security, and contract testing
10. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies or toolsets
Preferred Skills & Experience: Five or more of the technology areas/tools listed above
Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Minimum Clearance: Interim Secret Clearance (U.S. Citizenship required)
Travel (if applicable): Travel up to 3 weeks per year, but not required.
Location: Fredericksburg, VA with potential for Telework