[NETWO01605] Senior Network Engineer
SimVentions, consistently voted one of Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team! Ideal candidate will be a senior Network Engineer/ Computer Engineer or Software Developer with a broad skill set to support the Orion program at NSWC Dahlgren. The Orion program is a software intensive program involving a family of systems supporting multiple DoD entities and Federal agencies. Orion provides rapid engineering solutions to emergent non-conventional threats, integrating microelectronics and scalable network and communication capabilities for immediate operational deployment. The team is responsible for the entire lifecycle of the systems it creates, including hardware, networks, and software design, development, testing, fielding, and support. The IPT collaborates extensively which is beneficial to mission success and the functional decomposition of the work that needs to be completed.
- The associated duties include: network architecture and management, hardware configuration of appliances, routers, switches, firewalls, security appliances, VPN design and implementation, network traffic segregation using VLANs, firewalls, familiarity with Linux-based network service configuration (iptables, firewalld , sshd), CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator) or equivalent experience in CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional – security (CCNP security), experience in scanning and patching configurations and software libraries on systems according to DoD STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guides), experience working in AWS (Amazon Web Service) Cloud computing, and Linux scripting would be helpful. Interested personnel need good communication skills to be effective in the team’s collaborative work environment. The Orion team currently uses online collaboration to coordinate their efforts. If selected, the candidate will have the opportunity to telework but may be required, based on mission need, to provide on-sight support when applicable and appropriate. Interested candidates may be interviewed by the PM or branch head to ensure applicant has appropriate work experience.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in designing and architecting networks
- Proficiency in configuring hardware appliances including routers, switches, firewalls, and security appliances (VPNs).
- Design and implementation of network traffic segregation using VLANs, firewalls, and VPNs
- Familiarity with Linux-based network service configuration (iptables, firewalld, sshd)
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) or equivalent experience.
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional –Security (CCNP Security)
- Experience scanning and patching systems and software libraries according to DoD STIGs
- Experience with AWS and Linux scripting.
Education: BS in Computer Science, or related discipline
Minimum Clearance: Final Top Secret
Location: Dahlgren- on base
** This position is future funded and not available for immediate start