SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for a Program Director to join our team! SimVentions is seeking a mature and dynamic leader to sustain and grow the Program Services Team (PST) within the Technology Solutions Group of SimVentions. PST is primarily focused on delivering solutions utilizing SimVentions’ own technologies (i.e. Informedb Enterprise) and other Digital Engineering tools to the DoD.
In addition to providing leadership to the PST, the successful candidate will perform technical work with the customer and lead the team to deliver solutions as a Systems Engineer / Senior Analyst. Knowledge of US Navy surface combat systems and their interrelationships, fielding, and related configuration issues will be useful in translating customer needs into digital solutions.
The Program Director is expected to maintain and cultivate strong customer connections to help ensure we deliver on our promises and are responsive to their needs. This often includes looking for new opportunities with existing customers or introducing our capabilities to new customers. A majority of the business development and business growth expected with this position is based on delivering successful results which lead to new organic opportunities within existing customer organizations or introductions into new ones. Contribution to business development activity is expected including helping with SBIR proposals, data calls, supporting competitive proposals, and customer engagement.
SimVentions’ Program Directors are a driving force of SimVentions and are primary leaders within their organization. Being a director is a large responsibility and requires skills in business management, organizational dynamics, personnel management, customer relationships, and developing and growing new opportunities. SimVentions expects Directors to exhibit and promote our Corporate Identity (Core Values, Purpose, Vision, and Mission) in all aspects of their work.
Program Director responsibilities for this position include:
- Manages and grows a broad portfolio of customers, projects, programs, managers, and/or personnel with annual Project Management responsibility > $3M/year
- Performs Project Manager duties and/or oversight across their portfolio
- Serves as Personnel Manager to managers and/or non-manager employees
- Keeps close contact and coordination with customers
- Pursues and captures new contracts to maintain and grow the business
Required Skills & Experience:
- 15+ Years of professional experience with the DoD
- 5+ years of personnel management and/or project management experience
- US DoD Secret Clearance
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of US Navy Surface Combatant systems, interrelationships, dependencies, and capabilities (i.e. CEC, SSDS, Aegis, etc.)
- Familiarity with NAVSEA PEO IWS
- Ability to devise and deliver data-centric, model based, and knowledge management solutions for complex systems-engineering problems.
- Familiarity with relational database concepts, analysis, and reporting
Education: Bachelor’s degree from accredited college / university
Minimum Clearance: US DoD Secret Clearance
Travel (if applicable):
- Local / regional travel within the Washington DC metro area, Dahlgren VA, and Norfolk / Virginia Beach. Some of these trips include overnight stays.Occasional overnight travel to other sites is required for business development pursuits such as Charleston, SC.
Location: Fredericksburg, VA