[SENIO001728] Senior Software Developer
SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for an experienced Software Developer to join our team and provide software engineering in an Agile development environment, as technical lead of a team developing software for Innovative Research projects. We are building innovative software tools for the US Navy and Air Force including a DevOps data transformation application.
- The Software Engineer will lead software development for a new web application focused on improving interoperability through the automation of data analysis and manipulation
- Interface with customers, application users, and other technical and support personnel to determine appropriate software standards, processes, procedures, and tools to best achieve project success.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ten years of software development experience
- Experience with the Java software development language
- Experience with database technologies such as SQL and/or MongoDB
- Experience developing and deploying web applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, others)
- Experience with DevSecOps tools and technologies
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with DoD cybersecurity and information assurance requirements (RMF, STIG)
Education: A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical
Location: Fredericksburg, VA - Potential Telework