[SENIO001811] Senior Software Engineer
SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for Senior Software Engineers to work on a new and emerging Navy tactical system that integrates with the full suite of combat sensors. SimVentions is looking for engineers to be part of a team to support the US Navy focused on developing and modernizing electronic warfare (EW) system.
- The Software Engineer will provide software engineering support for a new, high-visibility Naval information system that integrates with EW sensors.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel to determine appropriate software standards, processes, procedures and tools to best achieve project success.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in software design, development and engineering applied to program and system level development.
- Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in developing real-time system and subsystem level software products, databases (Oracle, MSAccess, etc), knowledge or experience with operating systems (LINUX and MS Windows) and interfaces.
- Modeling and/or simulations, real-time system control architectures, interface coding, Information Assurance/Cyber Security requirements, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) experience, experience and/or ability to code in the following: in C++; C #; JAVA; Simulink; Python.
- Developing software to communicate with other hardware using TCP/IP, UDP, and serial communications.
- Electronic Warfare Systems and other Shipboard systems.
- Navy Software Safety and industry best programming practices.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Five (5) years of experience or equivalent with Navy or other Armed Services programs and/or systems.
- Agile methodology.
- Object Oriented software design concepts.
- Combat system integration and system architecture.
- GNAT Ada compiler; VxWorks; Tornado.
- Cloud Computing environments
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Education: Bachelor or higher degree from an accredited university in engineering, computer/software engineering or computer science.
Minimum Clearance: Ability to obtain Secret clearance