Location: Dahlgren, Virginia, USA
Telework: Hybrid telework potential
Clearance: Active Secret (US Citizenship Required)
Experience: Senior - 15 years
Number of Openings: 1
Funding Status: Funded
Salary Range: $130,000 - $175,000 (Please see below for more info on salary)
SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for Senior Software Engineers to work on a new and emerging Navy tactical system that integrates with the full suite of combat sensors. SimVentions is looking for engineers to be part of a team to support the US Navy focused on developing and modernizing electronic warfare (EW) system.
The Software Engineer will provide engineering support for a advanced naval combatant product line architectures. This individual will interface with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel to determine appropriate software standards, processes, procedures and tools to best achieve project success.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in software design, development and engineering applied to program and system level development.
- Ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in developing distributed real-time tactical systems and operating systems and interfaces.
- Modeling and/or simulations, real-time system control architectures, interface coding, Information Assurance/Cyber Security requirements, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) experience, experience and/or ability to code in the following: in Scala; C++; C #; JAVA; SwiftUI
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Fifteen (15) years of experience or equivalent with Navy or other Armed Services programs and/or systems
- Agile methodology
- Object Oriented software design concepts
- Combat system integration and system architecture
- Cloud Computing environments
Education: Bachelor or higher degree from an accredited university in engineering, computer/software engineering or computer science.
Clearance: An ACTIVE Secret Clearance is required for this position. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
Travel (if applicable): Negligible
Benefits & Compensation: At SimVentions, we’re committed to supporting the total well-being of our employees and their families. Our benefit offerings include comprehensive health and welfare plans to serve a variety of needs.
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive 401(k) programs
- Retirement and Financial Counselors
- Health Savings and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life insurance, short- & long-term disability
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Paid Leave (e.g., Maternity, Paternity, Jury Duty, Bereavement, Military)
- Third Party Employee Assistance Program that offers emotional and lifestyle well-being services, to include free counseling
- Supplemental Benefit Program
Compensation at SimVentions is determined by a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, education, training, security clearance, work location, skills, knowledge, and competencies, as well as alignment with our corporate compensation plan and contract specific requirements.
The projected annual compensation range for this position is $130,000-$175,000 (USD). This estimate reflects the standard salary range for this position and is just one component of the total compensation package that SimVentions offers.