SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for a Software Development Test Engineer to join our team!
The Software Development Test Engineer will work as part of a small to medium-size Agile project team to develop an automated test tool. This position requires coding/scripting ability (languages used are C++, ROS, and C#) and training/experience in Agile methodologies. The ideal candidate is a process-oriented person with prior software test experience, a high level of personal initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Excellent communication skills and teamwork are as important as technical ability.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding autonomous testing best practices and industry standards to assist the development team to build an autonomous testing tool
- Write test descriptions and other test documentation
- Execute testing and document test results
- Collaborate with developers to ensure understanding and resolution of bugs
- Utilize DOORS and proprietary systems to link requirements to test cases and provide configuration management of project documentation
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5-10 years experience in a software position, scripting or coding in C#, C++
- Analytical skills, as evidenced through previous paid technical work, to identify and document software issues then collaborate with developers regarding the software issues
- Strong teaming skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Exposure to ROS
Additional Requirements: Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years experience coding or testing ROS-related software
- Experience with DOORS or other requirements management system
- Experience with Jira, Azure DevOps, Other project management tools
Education: BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Software Development, Information Technology, Mathematics, Cyber Security. Other degrees with minors in these fields will be considered.
Minimum Clearance: Interim Secret Clearance
Location: Dahlgren, VA Office, Potential Telework for local candidates