[SOFTW001813] Software Developer II
SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for Software Engineers to work on a new and emerging Navy tactical system that integrates with the full suite of combat sensors. SimVentions is looking for engineers to be part of a team to support the US Navy focused on developing and modernizing electronic warfare (EW) system.
- The Software Engineer will provide software engineering support for a new, high-visibility Naval information system that integrates with EW sensors.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel to determine appropriate software standards, processes, procedures and tools to best achieve project success.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Five (5) years of experience in areas of software development to include software design, analysis, testing, documentation, and experience and/or ability to code in the following: in C++; C #; Simu-Link; JAVA; Python·
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Developing software to communicate with other hardware using TCP/IP, UDP, and serial communications.
- Developing real-time system and subsystem level software products, databases (Oracle, MSAccess, etc), and knowledge or experience with operating systems (LINUX and MS Windows) and interfaces.
- Agile methodology.
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Education: Bachelor or higher degree from an accredited university in software engineering or computer science.
Minimum Clearance: Ability to obtain Secret clearance
**This position is contingent on funding and is not immediately available