[SOFTW01577] Software Formal Qualification Test (FQT) Engineer
SimVentions, which is consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to Work, is searching for an FQT Engineer to join our team in Dahlgren to support testing of Tactical Tomahawk Weapons Control System (TTWCS) software in various configurations (surface, subsurface, and Foreign Military Sales (FMS)). Candidate will work on a diverse team with fellow SimVentions software test engineers and government personnel.
- Conduct Formal Qualification Test (FQT) of TTWCS, which comprises the execution and analysis of defined test cases to verify Software Requirements Specification (SRS) requirements
- Perform data analysis of test results using interface specifications, requirements documents, and HCI design specifications
- Participate in daily Agile stand-up meetings and weekly Agile planning and retrospective meetings
- Troubleshoot failed tests by researching the issue and analyzing the resulting data. Generate corrective action reports to document anomalies/problems identified in test cases
- Document system problems by creating change requests (CR)/problem reports (PR)
- Develop new test procedures/cases/scenarios and modify existing test procedures/cases/scenarios to verify requirements and system functionality.
- Generate test plans and test reports
- Communicate testing summaries verbally and in writing, including the ability to provide technical briefs, defend data analysis, and present at various technical reviews
- Communicate with SimVentions’ management about test initiatives, issues, needs, and provide recommendations for improvements.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ten (10) years of experience with real time Weapon Systems development or test and evaluation.
- Experience with test and evaluation strategies, and statistical analysis of data and engineering tools
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts related to software performance testing and methods of software test design
- Experience with process development, management and implementation
- Experience with Configuration Management (CM) processes and Configuration Control Board (CCB) support
- Experience with the use of simulations in a test environment
- Specialized Software Test experience - Six (6) years of concurrent progressive experience with a demonstrated technical background in planning, conducting, analyzing, and reporting system or software testing for real time software intensive weapon systems
- Experience shall include capability in one or more of the following areas: software module level testing; system level testing; functional level testing; or software integration
- Experience shall also include software requirements trace tools (e.g., DOORS) and experience with LINUX
- Specialized Test Analysis experience - Five (5) years concurrent progressive experience with a demonstrated technical background in Tomahawk Weapon System (TWS)/TTWCS.
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Agile methods
- Experience with automated testing tools and methods
- Experience using Jira to document and track CRs/PRs as well as tracking tasks
- Proficiency with performing tasks on TTWCS consoles to include mission planning, engagement planning, missile manager, and casualty response
- Experience on Combat System Training Team or as a Chief Petty Officer/Lead Petty Officer
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline is preferred.
Minimum Clearance: Interim Secret Clearance
Location: Dahlgren - On base
** This position is future funded and not immediately available.