[TESTE01525] Test Engineer II
SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to Work is looking for a Test Engineer. This position will support the Engineering Agents for Integrated Topside Design. This support consists of comprehensive analysis includes the assessment of electromagnetic compatibility; system safety; system location and physical or optical blockage; structural integrity, system maintainability, system survivability, and operational impacts to other systems. The successful candidate will also support Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) systems integration efforts by providing total life-cycle support for systems beginning with up-front Electromagnetic Coupling (EMC) related engineering support during development. The candidate will conduct characterization analyses and develop mitigation options for predictions of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) with new and installed systems in both Shipbuilding and Conversion (SCN) and In-service designs.
• Lab & Field Test Support
• Design Configuration & Fabrication
• Platform & System Integration
• EMC/EMI problem solving and data management
• Systems Engineering
Required Skills and Experience:
• 4 years of general experience in Engineering & Science (E&S), Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E), or Science & Technology (S&T) programs
• 3 years of experience with RDT&E or Integration related to shipboard systems related to warfare systems or electronic systems.
• Demonstrated experience in one or more specific areas: EMI/EMC; E3 instructions, standards, policies, and procedures; Defense Acquisition Engineering; E3/EMI/EMC Testing; EMI problem investigation; Spectrum, EMC, or RADHAZ Certification; EMI/EMC analysis and assessment; EMI PMS; USN Optimized Fleet Response Plan (O-FRP); EMI Control and Mitigation; EMI Control Measure Drawings; SEMCIP Technical Assistance Network or E3 Team Online
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Matlab, AutoDesk and Venture
- Familiarity filling out and handling 1494 forms
Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Science, or Technical discipline. Or 6 years or more of equivalent DoD Service experience as an E-4 or above in a related technical rate can substitute for a bachelor’s degree.
Security Clearance: Interim Secret
Travel: 10% CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required. Quick Response Capability (ability to travel within 72-hour notice) desired.