-Celebrate STEM- The 2017 STEM Summit is a one-day event designed to bring together ...
3rd Annual STEM Summit
Our annual STEM16 Summit, highlights the achievements and offerings of our region’s students, educators, and businesses in the STEM arena. This year we expect to highlight student and educator STEM efforts from over 40 local secondary schools, the University of Mary Washington, Germanna Community College and NSWCDD Dahlgren. The Summit is open to the public and admission is free of charge, thanks to our generous sponsors.
• Expecting approximately 75 STEM-related booths
• Technology Demonstrations (including Robotics & Lasers)
• Concessions available at Eagle Dining by Sodexo
Dr. Missy Cummings
• Director of Humans and Autonomy Lab, and Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science, Duke University
• Leading authority on drone technologies and human-machine collaboration
• One of the U.S. Navy's first female fighter pilots